Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"And My God Shall Supply All Your Need..."

     This morning, as I was getting ready for work, the thought came into my mind... It sure would be nice if I had a new...  I stopped short when I realized that it wasn't something that I really needed (or had the money for); it just would have been nice to have.  Sound familiar?  Immediately, the Lord reminded me of so many of the things I already have that I could be grateful for.  Funny how the desire for something you don't really need goes away when your mind turns in that direction.  It's like opening a treasure chest you forgot you had, only to discover that it is full of the Father's "good and perfect gifts," that He's consistently given to you through the years!
     When I start to think about what I really do need, and then wonder where the money is going to come from, it's so easy for fear to subtly enter my thoughts.  That's why I have found it is so vital to constantly "wait upon the Lord" (Isaiah 40:31)--or, as my pastor would say, "eagerly expect"--and keep my eyes fixed on Him (Isaiah 26:3).  Fear is dissolved when He quietly reminds me of all the times He has provided for me; even when, at times, it was at the last minute.
     As this song says... I don't deserve His kindness.  None of us do.  But that's who He is.  And I am grateful...

No Greater Love

I know I don't deserve His kindness;
I know I don't deserve His love.
I know, without a shadow of a doubt,
It was His sacrifice upon the cross
That turned my life around.
And I've never been more grateful
Than I am now...

Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father;
Every blessing comes directly from His hand.
Every answer that I see
Proves again His love for me,
Even when the answer's not what I had planned.
Every need He has fulfilled through Christ my Savior,
By His grace and mercy from above.
He'll supply all of my needs--
Far beyond what I can see.
There is no greater love... no greater love!

L. Wimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment