Friday, May 23, 2014

The Beginning of the Journey...

I have created this blog as a means of sharing the thought-provoking  poems that the Lord has been giving me over the past few years…  Some of these poems have been published in my book called, My Heart Makes Its Home in a Faraway Land, that came out in March of 2014 (which is available through Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com and Outskirtspress.com).  I will be including some of them here, because I feel a constant urgency for as many as possible to read and hear what, I feel, comes from the heart of God. The Day is drawing near, and so many need to wake up to the fact that the Lord is coming back soon.  We don’t know when He will return for His own, but He has called me to do my part in sharing His love and His Word with those who will hear…
This part of my spiritual journey began as my mother-in-law lay in the hospital in Elkhart, Indiana… just days before going home to meet her Lord Jesus, whom she had been serving for over 60 years of her life.  Even though I knew her for only four short years, during that time she inspired a longing in me to know my Lord better and to draw closer to Him.  As a result, my Father in heaven began pouring into me words that became poems and songs…
Although the following is not the first of those poems, it is probably my most favorite, because I identify with it more than with any of the others.   I hope you will go with me on my journey to the end…

My Heart Makes its Home in a Faraway Land
My heart makes its home in a faraway land,
Not seen with the human eye.
I enter that place when I start to pray,
Where my Lord is so very close by.

He takes me out of this present world
And fills my heart with peace.
He takes me to places beyond the clouds
Where my cares and my worries must cease.

I can bring to this land everyone that I love,
As I lift them to Him in prayer.
I know that He’ll touch all those precious to me,
For the answers are always found there.

Sometimes I just want to stay in this land,
Where God’s presence is so real to me.
But He wants me to go tell this world that He loves
That in Him they can also be free.

He says I can come anytime to this place,
For He waits for me night and day.
And He says I can stay for as long as I want,
When I open my heart and pray.

My heart finds its rest in this faraway land,
This place that is truly my home.
When I go through the pain that the world has to give,
He reminds me I’m never alone.

Lisa Marea Hare Wimberly

Written January 2, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment