Wednesday, May 28, 2014

When You're Feeling Weary...

During that August in 2011, Mark and I went to the hospital every day to see Mama Bernice.  There were always at least 6-12 family members present whenever we were there–from at least 4 different states.  We supported one another and talked about what we would do if Mama was able to leave the hospital and go into a nursing home.  But talking about this was also very sad, because we knew that things would never be the same.  I found myself crying every day while I was there.

One day, while I was still at home, the Lord gave me this poem.  I felt so weary; my strength would leave me, because of the sadness and stress.  He reminded me that He was my strength and that He would get us through this. The insights He gave me while I wrote this poem were astounding!   For anyone going through a similar situation, this poem is for you…

When You’re Feeling Weary
When you’re feeling weary and just can’t go on,
When you feel like you’re ready to fall,
Just remember Whose road that you’re traveling on,
And it’s really not yours, after all.

It’s a path that God has prepared for you,
With His Truth to light up the way.
Our lamp is His Word, and it gives us hope
To make it through yet one more day.

Each step He will guide if you listen to Him
With His still, small voice breaking through.
He will clearly direct you which way to turn;
He’ll make known what He wants you to do.

You can go around obstacles, holding His hand,
Even ones that the enemy brings.
With His powerful love He’ll protect you,
And He’ll shelter you under His wings.

If you call upon Jesus and hold onto Him,
His Presence will carry you through.
He will give you the strength that you need to go on
On this path that He’s chosen for you.

Lisa Marea Hare Wimberly
Written August 9, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment